Thursday 15 July 2010

A Very British Scandal

(The scene: a public bus travelling towards Kempston from Wootton at around 9:20am. Ab is dropping eves on two edging-towards-the-end-of middle-aged women sitting a few seats behind.)

Bakester: ...So then of course, I won the rosette right under Margie's nose because Julie judged my cake the tastiest -
Churchy: She did? But you can't even make fairy cakes!
Bakester: I know that, silly, hence the reason I purchased one from Tesco's about 5 minutes before the judging took place -
Churchy: Tesco's? Not even Marks and Sparks? My my, I always said Julie had no taste, and her choosing a Tesco's cake over one of Margie's homemade masterpiece's just confirms it.
Bakester: Yes, but even so, I'm still crowed Queen of the WI cake-bake!
(Both cackle)
Churchy: Still, (wipes eyes) I don't think that's quite as good as when you laced the tea at that WI meeting with rum, and Margie got so drunk she fell onto the organ in the middle of 'Jerusalem'!
Bakester: Oooh, I'd forgotten about that! That reminds me of the time you got jolly on the Holy Communion wine and told Father Benjamin that it was ribiena!
(They both collapse with girlish giggles)

Poor Margie. I don't think those two are her greatest fans.

No comments: