Monday 13 December 2010

Family Life Snipets

Luckily I get on really well with my family - I'm close with all of them despite not living with my Dad, and we all have a good laugh (and some fabulous arguments). The following transcripts are just a few conversations we've had the past couple of days. I'll spare you the one with the Karma Sutra in Waterstones though!

(The scene: Ab and Brother are shoving each other, and Ab accidentally elbows Bro's crotch-groin area.)

Bro: (Howling in melodramatic pain) Ahhh, my one-oh-one!
Ab: (Confused) One-oh-one? Surely you mean oh-one-oh?
Bro: (Thinks about it) Oh yeah...
Ab: Zactly, cos one-oh-one would mean you had two penises and only one ball, which would be a bit awkward to fit into speedos I'm thinking.
Bro: Penii (pronounced pee-nye).
Ab: Huh?
Bro: Penii, that's the er, plural for penis!


(The scene: Ab is lying on her back dealing with hic-ups, and Bro comes in to dish out his solution.)

Bro: Y'know, there's only one proven way of getting rid of hic-ups.
Mum: What is it?
Bro: (Dead serious) Stick a finger up your crack and wiggle it around.
Mum: Where on earth did you hear that?
Bro: QI! (Note - QI is a British television programme where they review various popular beliefs surrounding history and science, and correct them.)
Ab: And who said that then, Stephen Fry? (Note - Stephen Fry presents QI and is an out and proud gay man. No way was this intended as homosexual slander, merely an amusing thought.)
(Ab and Mum laugh)
Bro: (Doesn't get it.)


(The scene: Ab has just arrived at Nan's house to meet Dad and go see Harry Potter (again). Dad opens the door.)

Ab: (Crap fake gangsta voice) Wasup ma ho*!
Dad: (Uber British accent) Your 'ho'? Do you think that's an acceptable thing to call your father?
Ab: (To Bro, deliberately inflammatory) Oooh, ma ho is gettin' angry.
Nan: (Prepare your inner old lady voice) Wassat you're calling him? Your ho?
Dad: A ho as in a whore as in a prostitute.
Nan: That's nice. I knew one of them once. Another life. (Drifts off)
(Ab, Dad and Bro all look at each other in an overtly quizzical manner.)
(Note - she never did know one of them)

*Next year I'm planning an online fundraising activity to aid the poor women that sell themselves for sex because they believe there's no other choice, and you guys can help out without it costing you in time or money (that's the beauty of it). More on that in 2011...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family is wicked as is your blog :)))

I am mucho jelous of your funny life, but please keep writing transcripts!

Ab said...

That were quick, whoever you are. I appreciate it though, so thanks!
Peace out.

Anonymous said...

Its true about the hicup solution though!

Ab said...

Seriously? I've never tried and don't intend too... Keeping stuff from going up my butt is one of my Life Rules ;)

Juanita said...

hahahah. Your transcripts are wicked and epic.

Ab said...

Thanks dude :D I'm loving your poetry by the way, you should bring an anthology out ;)

Anonymous said...

Is there anymore information you can give on this subject. It answers a lot of my questions but there is still more info I need. I will drop you an email if I can find it. Never mind I will just use the contact form. Hopefully you can help me further.

- Robson

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel