Saturday 28 August 2010

Dumb Teenage Son Meets My Update

A new school year is almost upon me again, and I will be starting my A-level courses in philosophy, psychology, chemistry and physics. I confess that I am already behind on work and the term hasn't even started yet, but then again, I'm the person who regularly racks up library fines over £15. Good luck to anyone stating a new school/university/job this fall. Anyway, if I don't post as much as is my norm, it's because I'm studying right. Hopefully I won't have to do too much of that though! I got my GCSE (an examined qualification in every subject) results back the other day, and I got all As and A*s, which is pretty good. Anyway, here's the transcript you really want:


(The scene: A semi-crowded train destined for Portsmouth. DTS (dumb teenage son) and The Mum are sitting opposite Ab as the eavesdropping commences)

DTS: Mum, when did you give me this t-shirt again? While ago weren't it?
The Mum: It was for your last birthday -
DTS: Man, this t-shirt's getting old then, cos that was over a year ago now.
The Mum: Well honey, Christmas is coming up soon, so you can ask for a new t-shirt then, can't you?
DTS: (Grunts) Yeah, 'spose. What's the date this year?

Betcha feeling good about your own intelligence levels now, aintcha?

(NEWSFLASH: I've managed to change the settings, nd now anyone, whether they have an account or not, can post. Just click on the comments link under each post, and it'll open a new window for you.)

No comments: