Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Mother of All (homemade) Energy Drinks

Today I had a two hour long history exam (I shan't bore you with the details, but lets just say that Nazi Germany will never be the same again...) and as you can imagine, after two hours solid writing and then a two mile walk home, I was pretty drained when I stepped through my door. However, I discovered a solution to this lack of energy problem - just using ingredients in my cupboard, I created such a badass energy-giving drink that now, about half an hour after drinking it, I am wide awake and typing faster than ever before. Allow me to present... The Mother of All (homemade) Energy Drinks.

  1. First take the biggest mug you can find, and fill it with hot water (or I suppose you could have this drink iced, but so long as it's water)
  2. Then put as much caffeinated coffee in as you dare - the caffeine will give you a real good buzz, but can lead to heart palpitations if you go crazy with it, so beware.
  3. After that, add about two spoons of instant hot chocolate powder - this will make it into a kind of mocha which is nice and sweet (sugar gives energy) and taste divine if you do it right.
  4. Then add as much sugar as you fancy (or none at all) as sugar will give you even more energy.
  5. Pour in some milk if you want - the milk makes it tastier in my opinion, and has fat in which is another source of energy.
  6. Stir it all in and drink up. Enjoy!
This way if far cheaper than a red bull or a coffee out and about, plus is way more effective. Now excuse me while I go and dance about my kitchen for the hell of it! I hope you like

2 comments:

Katie Birchall said...

wow i got hyped on two sips!!
this drink is one rockin' badass drink!!!

Ab said...

'rockin badass' - like it :)
And yep, totally hyped!
Now dare I eat a bannana afterwards...