Tuesday 21 September 2010

Are We Not Mature?

This September, me and most of my friends joined the sixth form, which is for 16-18 year olds at school, and is meant to be a really mature section of our teenage lives. Turns out it's not.


(The Scene: Ab and Katie are hanging out, discussing The Very Important Topic of Katie's lip balm use.)

Ab: ...and I hate that thing that happens with lip balm, where you dig it out and it all gets under your fingernails. (Pause for tortured grimace accompanied by horrendous childhood memories of vaseline usage that, according to Fraud, will be Ab's undoing) Why don't you just use a chapstick?
Katie: Well, I would but I prefer to use my finger.
Ab: Dude! (Look at each other then completely crack up.)


(The Scene: Ab, Katie and Brother are sitting round a table, discussing euphemisms.)

Ab: Well I think that we should try and say at least one a day, just to keep some humour in our lives even if we do become buried under work.
Katie: Yeah, yeah, we totally should.
Brother: (Pondering) Only one? I don't think that'll be very hard. (See what he did there?)
(Laughter)


(The scene: Sixth form common room and Ab, Katie and Louise have put hula hoops on the ends of their fingers and are making them dance on the table.)

Louise: (Gets neurotic about hygiene issues bought up by the dirty table, so moves to a cleaner stage. Makes her hula fingers do the can-can.)
Ab: (Fingers strut around to 'River Dance' and such like.)
Katie: (Hula hoops are singing.)
Ab: (Pause) Wow guys. And we're in sixth form as well!


You can keep up with our sixth form lives over at http://www.lifeinthesixth.blogspot.com/. I try not to blog too much about my personal life on this site to keep you free from bordom, but if you ever wonder if we grow up a little, that's where to head. Peace out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Ab said...

No problem, if you email me your address and the kind of info you want at Ab.brightman@live.co.uk then I'll get back to you :)

Anonymous said...

Good evening

Definitely gonna recommend this post to a few friends