Friday 24 September 2010

Snipets and Ab Opens Up For Once

(The scene: Chemistry class, Ab and Em are discussing The Future with the girls in front on them.)

Abi: ...I'm gonna become a consultant and earn £200,000 a year, then I'm gonna set-up my own consultant business and get £200 an hour.
Em: (In awe) Wow, you've got your whole life mapped out - I don't even know what I want to do this weekend!


(The scene: Philosophy class, the beginning.)

Cathy: (To Ab) I made cookies! (In philosophy we have this tradition where we bake tasty stuff and drink tea) I found this new recipe, and it said it made 10 cookies. Well, because there's more of us than that, I doubled it and it made 60!
Ab: (Really hopes Cathy bought all the cookies in because Ab knows that Cathy's baking is fabulous).

(The Scene: Wootton Upper School Open Evening, and Ab has finished giving guided tours. In a vociferous mood, she bounds up to the English department where Emma (year above, odd kind of stranger but also not really. A conundrum for the autistic me!) was helping out, determined to tell her she looked ace that evening (she was wearing a tailored suit, and girls in suits are ignored by society because they look so classy)).

Ab: (Striding into the room with what was either a really arrogant swagger, or a silly stiff-limbed walk.)(Comes to a standstill in front of Emma, probably invades her personal space) Excuse me.
Emma: Hello. (Intrigued)
Ab: (Sincere) Emma, you look really great tonight. I read once that it's better to give a compliment than not to, just to avoid looking awkward and stupid, so I'm adopting that philosophy today!
Emma: Oh, well, thanks. (Smiles, pleasantly surprised)
Ab: (Does something goofy) Goodbye. (Pivots and exits. Walk probably resembles a crab, but forwards.) (Realises that it totally looked as if she was coming on to Emma in front of an audience.)

Ok, maybe you don't think that the last one is that funny. However, it does prove several points: a) women in suits look good, b) I am secretly a nice person, although it is often strangely overlooked, and c) I have been known to be awkward once in a while. But never embarrassed. Rock on.

No comments: