Saturday 26 March 2011

Age Concern: Being Younger on Mars

It's my 17th birthday on March the 31st. Any of my people wanting to get me a cheap awesome birthday present can get me a membership to Amnesty International (a human rights organisation) here, which comes with a free t-shirt too. You will receive much gratitude and a high five.

No way do I feel 17. In books and films, 17 is the age when people get into 'serious' relationships, grow up for real, drive cars and enter the future. I know exactly who I am, what I want and what I believe in, but I'd like to pause life cos I'm just not ready for the consequences yet, know what I mean? Shame is, no-one can pause it so I spose I'll just have to get on with it. Ah well.

Anyone else feel like their exact age? Most people I've spoken to either feel older or younger, but never quite dead on. This makes me think that our year system is flawed as it doesn't seem to be dead on. Also I was thinking; if humans one day lived on Mars (I doubt it will happen as we'll probably convert Mars into a nuclear weapons testing ground and complete destroy it, but you never know) will those humans all be numerically younger than us, even if they were born at the same time, due to Mars having a longer one around the Sun trip (a year then)? That's an interesting one. I'm thinking yes. Therefore, if you want to be younger, stuff anti-aging cream, head off to Mars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ab Brightman, you make me laugh!

I can see why you take philosophy :D

Ab said...

Thanks, whoever you are. I assume we know each other for me to make you laugh. And Philosophy = much love.