Tuesday 29 March 2011

Eric Leva and The Scheme of Things

Every so often I like to bring you some fresh new music from up-coming independent artists. These bands/individuals create lots of great sounding music, but their stuff hasn't yet hit the wider world yet, so I want to share the good sounds with you that you might otherwise miss out on, and help them get the amount of fans they deserve.

Today I bring you Eric Leva and his EP 'The Scheme of Things', which is well worth a listen, regardless of your usual musical taste (for the record it's a good mix of indie-folk-pop). I have listened to the whole thing through 3 times today, and that is rare for me since I'm normally the 'only like one song in an album' type of person. It's a good mix of indie-folk-pop. A few reasons why this EP is awesome:
  • The tracks on it are great music.
  • The songs are catchy, but enjoyable catchy, not annoying catchy. 
  • Eric has a really pleasant voice that works really well with his lyrics.
  • There's a broad mixture of tempos and instruments used, which keeps it interesting to listen to.
  • The last song surprised me in a way I liked.
Eric himself is more than a talented musician and composer. He's a lovely guy to communicate with, and as a fan, I really appreciate that because it seems like he values my thoughts on his work. Plus he lives in Massachusetts which rocks as they have marriage equality and Rachel Maddow there. So anyway, give his songs a whirl (you can listen through the player below) and check out his website www.ericlevamusic.com. Hopefully he'll go far, and continue to remain as down to earth as he appears now.



In other news, it is my 17th in two days (I still can't believe it), and me and my friend Abi are going to a drug use conference and debate tomorrow in London, followed by a drinks reception in which we are going to see how many academic types emails we can collect, so if I come away with some interesting new perspectives on drugs, I'll post them for you all to consider. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That did sound good. Thanks for the heads-up :D